The history of British puddings, savoury and sweet
The life and times of the Great British Pudding, both savoury and sweet - with 80 recipes re-created for the 21st century home cook.
Let Regula Ysewijn take you to the heart of what it means to be British in this beautiful tome: part-recipe book, part-culinary history of the British pudding. Captivated by British culinary history - from its ancient savoury dishes such as the Scottish haggis to traditional sweet and savoury pies, pastries, jellies and ices, flummeries, junkets and jam roly-poly - Regula tells the story of British food, paying homage to the great British pudding, which is versatile and wonderful in all its guises.
Delving through historical texts dating back as far as the fourteenth century, Regula's refreshingly original book documents the history of the British pudding, rediscovering long-forgotten flavours and food fashions along the way. With stunning photography, illustrations and fascinating facts, featuring more than 80 recipes.
It’s a must-have cookbook for anybody who delights in British food
and its culinary history.
• Endorsed by Jamie Oliver: 'My god, it's a truly wonderful a thing of beauty a very tasty masterpiece!'
• Showcases how a nation's food is shaped by history
• A unique insight into the influences that have shaped the Great British pudding
• Maybe the biggest accolade: Jamie Oliver called her his favourite food blogger in the Sunday Times in April
• Regula is also a Great Taste Awards judge
Shipping: June 2022